Sunday 14 June 2009

Dotties World Challenge - Father's Day!


Louise set the challenge today at Dottie's World and here is her brief:

"Can you believe it's nearly Father's day already? It'll be Christmas before we know it!((Sorry!))
So, in time for Father's day and to make sure no Daddies out there get left out we want you to make a Father's day card using one of the Charmed downloads."

What's that about Christmas Lou!?!?!?


Anyway, I decided to use the handsome Mikey for my card, coloured with Copics of course, and Scenic Route papers. The CD theme is carried through with the CD I used behind the image which, IRL gives a really lovely effect. The metal buttons are Life's Journey by K&Co, the chipboard 'Dad' is Rusty Pickle and the words are rub-ons.

I must apologise again for not getting round to see everyone this week; I've been busy getting my house ready for sale (in between resting, of course!) and tomorrow I go back to work after 6 months away, although only part-time at first.

Hope to see you at Dottie's World (HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW PIXIES?), and thanks for visiting. xxx

11 comments:

Tara said...

I love this one Juliet - Mikey looks super cool and the CD is a brilliant idea!
Good luck with going back to work - I bet all your colleagues will be so pleased to see you! Can't believe you're already going back after only six months off!!! You take it easy won't you? xxx

Karen Mortensen said...

I love the idea of the CD's in the background paper. Fab card as always Juliet.

Take care and don't overdo the work bit!! xxx

Karen said...

WOW ! He's gorjus. Fantastic card Juliet.

Love Karen x

Adele said...

Stunning colours Juliet, and a really cool card!

...and yes, yes, YES!!!! I have seen them!


Love Dingle.xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is great. The use of cd is such an amazing thing to do. The papers and colors you used are so fantastic.

A really fab card.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Juliet,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

BettyBoop67 said...

WOW YOUR CARD IS AWESOME JULIET
:) SUE XX

cats whiskers said...

Love the colours on this one sweetie and your colouring is just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Sheila said...

I love this Mikey image you've shosen Juilet & your card is fantastic hun, & yes those Pixies are gorgeous!!!!!.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Sandie said...

Brilliant card and perfect for Father's Day. Love those SR papers.

Mina said...

I love Mikey hes gorgeous isnt he and great to colour..fantastic card Juliet...the CD is a brilliant idea xxx