Sunday 25 May 2008

Playing Catch Up!!!

Well, I haven't been completely idle, although I've been a very bad blogger!
Last weekend I went to the Make-it Show at the Reebok Stadium in Bolton and managed to pick up some different things and at bargain prices. The first card is made with papers which came in themed stacks and they are so pretty and only £1 a stack! I must make notes of suppliers - usually in my excitement to open everything I throw the packaging away. Three papers from the stack are used here and some of the boats are layered. A bit of stickles to highlight the waves and it looks really effective. This card was made using the Sketch Challenge #6 on http://charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/ and is made with one sheet of double sided Crate Paper, hand stitching, Prima flowers and rub-ons.
This wall hanging is also a challenge on http://charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/ - not to use pink, people, pets or bling. I used some of the same papers as the card above and used crackle paint on the plaque to give a driftwood effect. The bar on which the frames hang is a stirrer from Starbucks painted with Adirondack Denim acrylic paint. Lettering is Ellison Chunkadelic which I mounted on chipboard and hand cut - ouch! All held together with garden twine.
Speaking of gardens, just to show some of the work I've been doing and much harder than crafting!
This is my debut 12x12 to go public and was also for a challenge on http://charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/ (I'm not on commission, honest!!!) and again not to use pink, people, pets or bling. I photographed the daisies in my garden and came up with this - 'Nature's Perfection'. I added to the distressed look of the paper with brown and white chalk inkpads, the butterfly stamp was in a half price set at Make-it and I got loads of ric-rak ribbon at 25p a metre!
Juliet xx

No comments: