Friday 20 February 2009

Friday Sketchers AND A Wonderful Surprise!

It's the wonderful surprise first, set up by my lovely friend Karen from Charmed who has been there for me every step of the way during my illness. As you will know if you've been following the story, I was booked on a workshop with Tim Holtz last Thursday at Art from the Heart in Harrogate, but I was unable to go because I hadn't recovered enough at that point. Well, get this .......Karen contacted Tim and he sent me a beautiful message last night - what a lovely man he is to do this for me!!! And the biggest thank you to Karen for arranging it all - no one could have a better or more thoughtful friend xxx

The email is printed off and I'm going to make a frame and hang it in my craft room (using Tim's products of course).


In between the grinning from ear to ear I managed this card for the Friday Sketchers Challenge today. Papers are 3 Bugs and Fancy Pants and I kept the card quite simple because of the busy paper. The image is coloured with Copics and is from the Holly and Madison Collection . I added an acetate flower with a big brad and faux stitching. The sentiment is stamped onto the backing paper and cut out.

Have a fantastic Friday and thanks for visiting xx

23 comments:

Mellie said...

Gorgeous card and your surprise is a fab one. Looking forward to seeing the finish product framed and suitably finish with Tim's products of course. Lol. You deserve this so much hun. You are an inspiration X

Sue said...

Aww what a lovely thing to do for you, hope your soon feeling better, Beautiful card, luv the colours,sue.x

Unknown said...

Im not surprised Tim emailed you after your friend contacted him he is such a nice person. I emailed him prior to his visit to ask if he would donate something he had made to an artist trading card event - he made a gorgeous tag - I wish I could keep it for myself.
Sorry to hear you have not been well. Take care and best wishes - do you think we should start an official Tim Holtz fan club????

mueppi said...

Hi Juliet
your work is so wonderful and great!
I hope you feel better!
A lot of hugs Gisela

Karen said...

Gorjus card ! What a lovely gesture by Tim Holtz. Can't wait to see what you create with his stuff.

Love Karen x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning card babe xxx
love the image and the gorgeous papers xxx
will i have to call you my celeb friend now Tim holts it e-mailing you xxxxlolxxx
take care babe xxx
huge hugs Dawnxx

Jackie said...

Oh Wow, gorgeous, love the image and the colours - great!
Jackie

Riet said...

woww Juliet what a gorgeous card,l love the colours.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.xx

Katy said...

Beautiful card Juliet, love the colouring.

Fantastic news about Tim's message!! I bet you couldn't believe it, so kind of your friend :)

xx

Anonymous said...

Aww that's fabulous Juliet! You deserve no less xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This card is lovely, what a lovely gift to receive, Tim Holtz seems such a lovely Man, Hazelxo

Louly said...

A well deserved treat. Karen knows just what to do to cheer people up doesn't she.
This card has put a smile on my face, it's a real beauty Juliet.xx

Sarah C said...

What a lovely thing for them both to do for you. You deserve it too. I'm also looking forward to seeing it framed.

Love the card you made. You have so much talent xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Cute Card!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card,love the image and the flower details. What a wonderful surprise from Tim...lucky you!
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole :D

Nicola said...

Beautiful card, fab image and dp´s and I love all your detail. -x-

Adele said...

Juliet, I have only just seen this and you have me crying. Big hugs to you...and Karen!!

love Dingle.xx

aardvarkpest said...

Gorgeous card and what a great surprise and such a thoughtful friend.Hope you are feeling better soon.


Glenda

SCRAP DIDI said...

Beautiful card !!
i love image and i love colors !!
didi

Anne said...

fabby card Juliet

Karen Mortensen said...

Beautiful card as always!

Love you loads my dear friend ♥♥♥♥♥

Nicky said...

Stunning card again - Love your work

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful card! You have been busy, had to scroll al long way down :-) Love the cute girl image, great coloured!bear. Thanks for playing with my sketch and joining FS! Love from Holland,
Jacqueline