Tuesday 13 January 2009

Papertake Weekly Sketch

Today's card is for the Papertake Weekly Challenge which this week is a sketch by Dawn.

I coloured this image a few days ago using Ranger Distress Ink, in various strengths of 'dusty concord'. The thing is, I'm not really a fan of lilac/purple, so struggled to find any papers to match. I think this one came from a big K&Co pack I bought eons ago from QVC (it was cheap at the time), and it seemed to fit with the 'Victorian' feel of the image. I stamped the border with a Hero Arts stamp, the ribbon was from a gift set and the flowers a a mix from stash.

The thing I like most about this card is that I used lots of old stash to create something not too bad after all.

Have a good Tuesday and TFL xx

10 comments:

Rach said...

Hi Juliet,
you have made such a pretty card, and made with your scraps! The colouration of your image is beautiful. Hugs rachxx

Tara said...

What a beautiful card Juliet, I really love that paper! I also like the way you've stamped around the edge of your image. I'm so pleased I found your blog! xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

That image looks stunning!Pascale :)

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card as always.Love the stamping around the edges finishes it nicely.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Juliet. I love the image and the paper is beautiful. Debbie x

Geamys said...

I'm going to make a purple/lilac card for my card exchange...thanks for you ideas...This is such a gorgeous card...

Geamys xx

Mellie said...

Beautiful card Juliet.

Sue said...

oh lovely so pretty, luv the colours, gorgeous papers, sue.x

Retta said...

Beauiful! And a very nice colour combo too!

Mrs Mayne said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!